Learning Resource Centre
Opening Hours:Monday to Thursday 07:45 - 16:00 / Friday 07:45 - 15:30
Our Learning Resource Centre at Belfairs Academy is equipped with excellent resources to support all curriculum areas. It offers a vibrant, friendly environment for all types of study. The LRC also has computers, multimedia and the facility to print your work in black and white or colour.
- Over 10,000 books
- Popular Magazines
- CD-ROMs and DVDs
- Photocopying & printing facilities
- Eclipse Online Library
- Homework Club every Tuesday 14:45 - 15:15 with the Co-educators
- Homework Support every day after school until 16:00 with Miss Hawkes
- LRC Ambassadors
The LRC also has dedicated quiet study areas for students to come along before school, during break and lunchtime, and after school to complete homework. The LRC manger is always on hand for advice and support.
The LRC also offers an array of supervised games and activities to entertain students before school, during break, lunchtime and after school. Students from all years can borrow books, read, play chess, Jenga, and Connect 4, learn Origami or even master the Rubiks cube.
Special events are a regular feature in the LRC. In the past few months we have hosted Roald Dahl Day, Halloween/Gothic Literature week, Books for Boys and a wonderful Harry Potter Christmas Quiz.
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday break and lunchtime, we are hosting Cartoon Drawing, students from all years are mastering the art of drawing, all years and all abilities welcome!
- Every Thursday & Friday is movie club. Students can come along and watch a movie during break and lunch, they are also welcome to bring their lunch along.
- This year we're marking 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl.. The LRC will be celebrating this amazing author's 100th birthday on 13th September with competitions and quizzes, with give away bookmarks and much more. Movie club will be showing Matilda, the BFG and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
We are very lucky to have 8 LRC Ambassadors who are on hand to help before school, break times and after school. These are:
Olivia Solomons - Year 12
Vivienne Wade - Year 12
Luke Cook - Year 10
James Hayhurst - Year 10
Lily-Rose Cohen - Year 10
Jacob Harwood - Year 8